The latest trends, news, and happenings from B+M Restorations and the Restoration Industry.
24-Hour Emergency Service
Commercial and Residential Full Service Restoration
Mold Prevention Tips for the Summertime
Mold is a serious issue for home and business owners and can have major health implications. Thus, it is important to take steps to help reduce the chances your home or office will become impacted by the development of mold in your surroundings.
Below are a few tips which can help prevent mold:
- Mold grows best at temperatures of 77 degrees and higher. Use your air conditioner to maintain temperatures below this threshold.
- Monitor the humidity in your space with the use of a hygrometer. Take steps to reduce humidity to under 50% to prevent mold. The use of a dehumidifier can help maintain a dry environment.
- When it rains, ensure that your windows are closed. If your windowsills or other surfaces become wet dry them and If you have carpets or rugs use a fan if necessary to them more quickly.
- Have a roof inspection to avoid potential leaks. If you see a discolored spot on your ceiling call a roofing expert and a certified mold tester immediately.
- Repair leaky pipes or appliances asap and contact a mold specialist to test for mold.
- Vent your clothes dryer to the outside.
- Use the exhaust fan in bathrooms.
If you have a musty smell in your home, it is likely you also have mold. Mold can grow in hard to see places such as under carpets and inside walls. If you have a musty smell, but cannot find any mold you should contact a certified mold tester. At B+M Restorations we are certified to test and remove mold. We are also certified for restoration services so that we can help return your home to its original condition. Call us when you find mold…we offer 24/7 response.